Fire due to short circuit in bus - The New Indian Express

Fire due to short circuit in bus

Published: 14th November 2013 11:48 AM

Last Updated: 14th November 2013 11:48 AM

Tension prevailed among passengers aboard a private operator’s bus at Nesarlapally village of Chinthapally mandal on Wednesday after they noticed smoke coming out of the luggage chamber.

According to police sources, the Garuda Travels bus was coming from Hyderabad to Nellore. After noticing the smoke, passengers evacuated the bus. Police found that a short circuit had set fire to cotton kept in the luggage box. Fire engines from Devarakonda were pressed into service and the passengers were sent home on another bus arranged by Devarakonda depot.

comments powered by Disqus

Disclaimer: We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the NIE editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.


Read More



follow us Mobile Site iPad News Hunt Android RSS Tumblr Linekin Pinterest Youtube Google Plus Twitter Facebook