BMRDA to submit action plan

Published: 11th July 2013 10:57 AM  |   Last Updated: 11th July 2013 10:57 AM   |  A+A-

The Urban Development Department has given an undertaking to the Upa Lokayukta assuring that an action plan will be prepared in regard to the unexecuted layouts in Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority (BMRDA) planning area.

In view of the Upa Lokayukta taking up a suo motu complaint against the BMRDA in connection with an unexecuted layout in Attibele, the Department said the action plan, with a list of all pending layouts, will be submitted by July 30.

Justice Subhash B Adi had taken up the suo motu complaint based on an anonymous letter about a layout in Attibele which has been barren land since 2005.

The builder, who had to develop the sites as per rules, sold 180 sites and never developed the layout.

As per the 2005 circular, a promoter of a BMRDA-approved layout cannot sell more than 60 per cent of the total sites, and should develop the entire layout within five years. The rule also states that if the builder fails to develop the layout, then the BMRDA should sell the remaining 40 per cent sites through an auction and develop the entire layout.

In this case, the builder sold 60 per cent of the total 304 sites and BMRDA did not take develop the layout when there was no trace of the builder.

“There could be other layouts which are unexecuted because of the same reason. I asked the Principal Secretary to meet me. Since he is in Delhi, the Secretary sent a letter stating that by July 30, an action plan will be submitted with all the details about similar layouts. Besides, the BMRDA has no zonal regulations,” Justice Adi said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Karnataka news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.