MYSURU: : An elephant which had come in search of food died of electrocution, after it came contact with live wire fence by a land onwer here on Friday.
Dodde Madegowda, son of late Javaregowda and resident of Vadayanapura, had taken illegal electric connection surrounding his field to scare away wild animals.
The 20-year-old elephant which has entered the field of Dodde Madegowda to eat the grown jower on Thursday night, came in contact with electric wire and died on the spot. Madegowda, who noticed the elephant dying in his field, is absconding. Forest officials who visited the spot seized the materials used for fencing. A case has been registered.