Jacob Thomas seeks clarity on posting
By Express News Service | Published: 18th June 2017 01:22 AM |
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: DGP Jacob Thomas has written to the government seeking clarity on his post once he rejoins service as the two-and-a-half months’ leave ended on Saturday.
The letter was given to Chief Secretary Nalini Netto and the private secretary to the Chief Minister on Friday. In the letter, Jacob Thomas said the government has not officially communicated to him about his removal from the post of Vigilance Director. He also stated he had no plan to extend the leave.
Jacob Thomas told Express he was awaiting a government order in this regard. “I have not been informed by the government so far about my removal from the post of Vigilance Director. So I wrote to the government as the leave ended. I have not received a reply till now. Let’s wait till Monday night. I hope the government will give a clear intimation soon,” Jacob Thomas said.
Jacob Thomas is a strong contender for the post of state police chief as the present incumbent T P Senkumar’s service will end on June 30. He said he wouldn’t join whatever post offered by the government. “I am an IPS officer and I will rejoin only in a deserving post,” he said.