THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The Kerala government has called for an all-party meeting on June 23 to discuss measures to be taken to contain the fever outbreak in the State that has claimed more than 100 lives so far. The government is planning a slew of measures, including preventive steps such as state-wide cleaning activities and posting of additional medical staff.
The government is also planning to divide vulnerable areas into three zones - High Risk, Moderate Risk and Low Risk. Additional measures would be implemented at High-Risk zones.
Stating that there's no need to panic, chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan said a State Cabinet meeting held on Wednesday looked into all aspects of the outbreak.
The Cabinet also decided to appoint additional medical and para-medical staff to address manpower shortage. "The service of doctors and medical staff in the private sector will also be made available. If needed, additional medical personnel would be posted on a temporary basis," the CM said.
A three-day cleaning drive has been scheduled from June 27. Local bodies have been asked to utilise funds to implement the prevention measures. The government will reimburse the same later on.
Elaborate cleaning measures have been planned across the State in association with organisations including the National Cadet Corps (NCC), the Student Police Cadet (SPC), the Nair Service Society (NSS) and others.
Services of Kudumbasree, Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA), Anganwadi and health workers will also be utilised. Focus will be on creating awareness about the fever outbreak, including the need to avoid fresh water collection at various pockets.
Tags: fever, Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan, National Cadet Corps, Student Police Cadet, Nair Service Society