15-day celebrations to mark LDF government’s anniversary in Kerala
By Express News Service | Published: 20th May 2017 02:08 AM |
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The LDF government has planned 15-day-long statewide celebrations, including the tentative launch of the Kochi Metro, in connection with its first anniversary.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will formally inaugurate the celebrations in Thiruvananthapuram on May 25. The programmes will begin on May 20 and will be on till June 5. The valedictory function will be held in Kozhikode.
Tourism Minister Kadakampally Surendran announced this while briefing the media in his capacity as the chairman of the Cabinet sub-committee tasked with organising the anniversary celebrations.
Revenue Minister E Chandrasekharan will preside over the function. Ministers and prominent personalities from various fields will attend. As many as 1,000 earthen lamps will be lighted by the dignitaries accompanied by women and children, Kadakampally said.
In a symbolic way of acknowledging the efforts of workers in various departments during the past one year, Kerala Water Authority employees - who played a key part in addressing the capital’s water shortage by linking two dams - will be honoured.
Members of the musical group ‘Big Band’, which includes Balabhaskar, Mattannur Sankarankutty, Ranjit Barot and Fazal Qureshi, will present a musical fusion.
Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan will inaugurate the valedictory function at Kozhikode beach on June 5. A musical programme will also be held as part of the event.
- May 20 - Inauguration of Civil Station at Ranni in Pathanamthitta by Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan
- May 21 - Distribution of title deeds at Kattapana in Idukki by the Chief Minister. Revenue Minister to preside over the function.
- May 22 - Chief Minister to launch distribution of handloom uniform; inauguration of exhibition by Information & Public Relations Department portraying one year of LDF rule. Chief Minister to inaugurate media seminar titled ‘Responsible Media’.
- May 23 - Chief Minister to lay foundation stone for construction of flats for homeless under the ‘Life’ mission at Punalur, Kollam.
- May 24 - Seminar ‘Vazhikattunna Keralam’ in Kollam; Chief Minister to launch Out Patient wing renovation at Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram under the ‘Ardram’ project.
- May 27 - Matsyotsavam programme in Kollam, CM to inaugurate. Editors’ Meet With CM in Thiruvananthapuram.
- May 28 - Launch of Operation Olympia project by Sports Minister A C Moideen in Thrissur; Inauguration of Painting Exhibition by Agriculture Minister V S Sunil Kumar in Thrissur; Inauguration of Kudumbashree anniversary by Chief Minister in Alappuzha.
- May 29 - Finance Minister Thomas Isaac to launch project to rejuvenate Vattar lake at Aranmula; Chief Minister to launch tourism project at Thunchanparambu in Malappuram, to inaugurate cattle feed factory and cyber park in Kozhikode and declare the state as totally electrified.
- May 30 - Agriculture Minister to inaugurate seminar titled ‘New Generation Industries and Kerala’ in Kottayam and later inaugurate SAMETI building in Thiruvananthapuram. Fisheries Minister Mercykutty Amma to launch distribution of free cycles to fishermen in Kollam; Education Minister C Ravindranath to distribute loan assistance to students in Kottayam.
- May 31 - Tourism Minister Kadakampally Surendran to inaugurate Centre For Performing Arts in Varkala.
- June 1 - Agriculture Minister to launch ‘Sujalam Sulabham’ project at Mullamkolly in Wayanad. Chief Minister to inaugurate berth piling of Vizhinjam port. Administrative Reforms Commission Chairman V S Achuthanandan to inaugurate seminar on the topic ‘Corruption-Free Kerala & Administrative Modernisation’ in the capital.
- June 2 - Culture Minister A K Balan to lay foundation stone for Film Archives at Kinfra Film and Video Park, Kazhakkoottam.
- June 3 - Chief Minister to launch ‘Adivasi Gotrabandhu’ project in Wayanad. Speaker P Sreeramakrishnan to launch first phase of ‘Karma’ road project and lay foundation stone for its second phase in Malappuram.
- June 4 - Achuthanandan to inaugurate a meeting to promote communal harmony.
- June 5 - As part of World Environment Day, Governor P Sathasivam to launch planting of trees in Thiruvananthapuram. Education Minister to launch distribution of saplings named ‘Nanma Maram’ to students of Nadakkavu School in Kozhikode and later launch the distribution of textbooks in Kannur.