Kerala actress abduction case: Did not provide fabricated medical documents to Dileep, claims hospital

 The SIT on the other day said Dileep submitted a forged hospital case sheet claiming he had been admitted to the hospital with fever from on February 14 till February 21.

Published: 20th October 2017 12:59 AM  |   Last Updated: 20th October 2017 11:58 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

KOCHI: Authorities of the private hospital in Aluva, where Dileep claims he underwent treatment during February’s assault on the actress, have said they did not submit fake or fabricated hospital documents to the actor. “Dileep underwent treatment at the hospital from February 14 to 18 for fever. However, he used to go home, which is nearby, every day after treatment,” Dr C M Hyder Ali of Anwar Memorial Hospital, Aluva, told reporters on Thursday, refuting reports fake hospital documents were given to Dileep.

However, when Express tried to reach Dr Hyder Ali, the PRO of the hospital said he had been admitted to the hospital following uneasiness and then left for home by evening and was therefore unavailable. Repeated attempts to reach him went futile.The special investigation team (SIT) had the other day debunked the crucial alibi put forward by Dileep to prove his innocence. It said Dileep submitted a forged hospital case sheet claiming he had been admitted to the hospital with fever from 7.15 am on February 14 till February 21 and was hence unaware of the February 17 incident. 

The investigators found Dileep had attended an AMMA (Association of Malayalam Movie Artists) meeting at DH Ground here to express solidarity with the victim and returned to the shooting locale on February 21.Dileep was ill during the shoot, says ‘Ramaleela’ director Director Arun Gopy, who helmed the Dileep-starrer superhit movie ‘Ramaleela’, on Thursday supported Dileep’s claim of him being ill during the period of the assault on the actress, saying Dileep was suffering from high fever at the time.  

“Our first shooting schedule which began on December 9 had gone uninterrupted up until the time Dileep fell ill. When I, along with production controller Noble Jacob, met Dileep at a private hospital in Aluva, he was suffering from high fever and body pain. I think it was on February 13. The hospital was not a big one and was close to Dileep’s house,” the director Gopy said. “According to the doctor, Dileep needed rest as his condition was very bad. The doctor told me this as Dileep made no comment on his advice. I then contacted Tomichan Mulakuppadam, the producer of the movie, because if Dileep took rest, it will lead to a break in the schedule. Tomichan said ‘let Dileep take rest as health is important’,” Gopy said.

This led to a week-long break in the movie’s shooting from February 14, said Gopy.“The doctor allowed Dileep to go home as it was near the hospital. We shot the movie on February 21 and 22. However, Dileep had not recuperated. Hence we shot the scenes without Dileep for five days in the beginning of March,” Gopy said.

Stay up to date on all the latest Kerala news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp