Non-resident Keralite investment company to be formed

The Chief Executive Officer of Norka Roots will be the Special Officer of the new company.

Published: 11th July 2019 05:54 AM  |   Last Updated: 11th July 2019 05:54 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: To channel investments from overseas Keralites for major infrastructure development in the state, the LDF Government has decided to form an NRK investment company, with NRKs holding 74 percent stake. The decision comes following a recommendation in this regard from the Loka Kerala Sabha’s standing committee.

A cabinet meeting on Wednesday decided to set up the company-NRK Investment and Holding Company Ltd. To be formed with 74 per cent share capital from NRKs, the state government will hold the remaining 26 per cent stake.

The Chief Executive Officer of Norka Roots will be the Special Officer of the new company. The Loka Kerala Sabha has come up with the recommendation to capitalise on the huge investments from overseas Keralites for various development initiatives across the state.

The company can set up a special purpose vehicle or subsidiary company for the purpose. Construction of NRI townships and other projects related to basic infrastructure development will be taken up by the new company.

Stay up to date on all the latest Kerala news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp