7 tribal kids hospitalised

Published: 09th October 2012 11:50 AM  |   Last Updated: 09th October 2012 11:50 AM   |  A+A-

Seven tribal children were admitted to Capital Hospital here on Monday after consuming wild potatoes.

 According to the casualty officer at the hospital, the children suffered from severe reactions after consuming the poisonous potatoes and had to be admitted to the hospital.

 “Their faces and hands were swollen by the time they came to the hospital. They were given medicines immediately,” said an official of the casualty ward. They are  under observation now.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp