In two separate incidents, three persons including two siblings of Singla area of Balasore district died of electrocution on Sunday. The mishaps occurred while all of them were working in paddy field.
The deceased persons were identified as Kalicharan Sahu (47) and his sister Tulasi Sahu (50) of Bantuli village and Suchinta Behera (42) of Panchupada village under Singla police limits.
Police sources said Sahu siblings were severely hurt while trying to lift a live wire from their paddy field where Kalicharan was ploughing.
Though they were rushed to Basta hospital, doctors declared them brought dead.
In the other incident, Behera came in contact with an open end of electric wire while watering paddy plants in his field. Before he was rescued, he died. Bodies have been sent for post-mortem and two separate unnatural death cases registered.