Students Fall Ill After Consuming Mid-day Meal
By Express News Service | Published: 08th January 2014 10:51 AM |
More than 20 students of Chilika Nodal Upper Primary school, Balugaon, were admitted to Capital Hospital on Tuesday following complaints of food poisoning after consuming mid-day meal on Monday.
A student of Class VIII, Monalisa Jali,who was admitted to the hospital, said that she started feeling uneasy after having food served in the school. “The rice had a sour taste, but we consumed it. After sometime I felt nauseating and weak,” said Jali. Few of the students were discharged on Tuesday morning,while seven were undergoing treatment till late night.
Police seized the food samples from the school. Khordha District Education Officer (DEO), Radha Mohan Panda said that the samples of the mid-day meal have been sent to the laboratory for examination.
Jasmine, a relative of one of the students alleged that the kitchen of the school was poorly maintained.
She alleged that despite repeated complaints to the school authorities, no action was taken. Panda on the other hand denied receiving any complaint about any mismanagement in the midday meal. He added that this is the first time that such an incident has taken place in the school.