Man, Son Charred to Death in Kujang

Published: 16th April 2016 06:13 AM  |   Last Updated: 16th April 2016 06:13 AM   |  A+A-

PARADIP: A man and his five-year-old son were charred to death at Gandikipur village under Kujang police limits on Friday. The deceased are Sarada Das (38) and his son Badal.

Das had stored 50 litres of petrol in a room of his thatched house for sale in nearby villages.

His wife was carrying out ‘puja’ in the room in the evening when the clay lamp fell on the container in which petrol was stocked. The resultant fire spread to other rooms in the house within seconds. Although the woman managed to come out, her son, who was playing inside the house, was trapped.

Hearing his screams, Das went inside the house and could not come out. Although fire fighters rushed to the spot, they could not save the two. The fire also spread to another house.

Police have seized the bodies and sent it Kujang hospital for postmortem.

Stay up to date on all the latest Odisha news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp