BHUBANESWAR: In a shocking incident, six passengers were electrocuted and 25 injured when the bus they were travelling in came in contact with a live electricity supply line in Bhuban in Dhenkanl district on Tuesday.
The injured have been admitted to Bhuban Hospital while two of them have been shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital at Cuttack, Dhenkanal SP Basant Panigrahy said. The mishap took place near Sishumandir Square in Bhuban NAC area when the bus was taking a detour following a road mishap.
Police said, the Kamakshyanagar-Bhuban road had reported vehicular congestion after a home guard died in a road accident following which traffic was diverted. The bus took a detour when it came in contact with the live wire which was apparently sagging. Anticipating law and order problem, Dhenkanal Police mobilised force to the area. Details are awaited.