HEMGIR (SUNDARGARH): Ruling out any foul play, the autopsy report revealed that the five members of a family, whose bodies were found in Hemgir block, died due to asphyxiation.
Bargaon IIC Shradhanjali Subudhi said though police are yet to receive the autopsy report officially, post-mortem of the highly decomposed bodies was done on Monday midnight. The IIC said in-laws of the deceased Ramayan Prasad Sharma (50) were located at Rajgangpur who on Tuesday afternoon received the bodies.
Sources said all the five died due to carbon dioxide poisoning. Smoke from a kerosene generator set, which was recovered from the house, led the victims to die in sleep, police said.
Sharma, a former conservancy and housekeeping contractor of Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd (MCL), his wife Mili Devi, son Rabindra (18) and two daughters Sanju (16) and Anju (12) were found dead from staff quarters at Kulda Colony of MCL in Hemgir on Monday evening.