BHUBANESWAR:Resentment is brewing among OAS aspirants as 76 selected candidates are yet to be inducted even two months after declaration of Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) results.
Sources said the State Government had issued advertisement for 494 posts in different categories under Odisha Civil Services Examination in 2011-12.
While 418 candidates were selected by OPSC and their names were recommended for posting in February last year, 76 posts reserved for Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC) were withheld due to lack of clarification on the Supreme Court’s ruling on reservation.
The apex court had ruled that total reservation should not exceed 50 per cent after which the reservation for SEBC was confined to 12.5 per cent. Earlier, the Government had advertised 27 per cent reservation for the SEBC.
After the OPSC decision was challenged by one Jagannath Sahu and four others in Odisha Administrative Tribunal (OAT), the latter, on July 15 last year, had directed the Commission to publish the merit list of the selected candidates for the rest 76 posts.
Sahu said though the list was published in May this year, the selected candidates have not been posted yet. “The candidates, who appeared for the exam in 2015, have been posted. But we are suffering for the last five years. We urge the Government to take a decision and appoint us soon,” he demanded.