Sheep procurement in Kamareddy district of Telangana goes on at swift pace

The state government’s Sheep Rearing scheme is being implemented with transparency in the Kamareddy district thanks to the proactive efforts of district collector N Sathyanarayana.

Published: 03rd January 2018 03:58 AM  |   Last Updated: 03rd January 2018 09:00 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

KAMAREDDY: The state government’s Sheep Rearing scheme is being implemented with transparency in the Kamareddy district thanks to the proactive efforts of district collector N Sathyanarayana.
The scheme, designed for the overall development of Golla, Kurma, and Yadava communities of the society, provides 75 per cent subsidy to the beneficiary to purchase sheep from the centres allocated by the government. The remaining 25 per cent cost of the sheep is to be met by the beneficiary.

Kamareddy has 274 village and under these village limits, 314 Primary Sheep Breeders Cooperative Societies are functioning. After conducting grama sabhas in the village and mandals, the officials have selected 8,640 beneficiaries for 2017-18. They will select 8, 534 beneficiaries for 2018-19 financial year.
The department concerned has allocated Bidar, Gulbarga, Nanded, and Parbhani districts in Karnataka and Maharashtra for Sheep procurement.

District collector N Satyanarayana has held several meetings and telephone conversations with the respective collectors of the Karnataka and Maharashtra districts to set up an effective coordination for sheep procurement. All the four district collectors have constituted a committee with Veterinary doctors to supervise the procurement process and provide certification for the sheep procured.

A team of MLAs and other officials from the district, along with the district collector, visited the sheep procurement centres in Karnataka and Maharashtra and expressed satisfaction. “This is a way to help officials increase sheep survival in Kamareddy district,” the collector claimed.

Stay up to date on all the latest Telangana news with The New Indian Express App. Download now

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

FIFA-World-Cup-2018