After several arguments, Thechikottukavu Ramachandran did take part in the festivities in Thrissur. Watch!
A one-year-old baby elephant which fell in a well at Kuttambuzha panchayat, Ernakulam district in Kerala was rescued and released in the wild by forest officers.
A baby elephant was rescued from a well near Puliyangudi after a 3.5 hours struggle by the forest department personnel and the locals.
A 30-year-old wild jumbo, locally called as ‘Vinayaka’, was captured and relocated to Mudumalai forest range in Coimbatore.
Deepak Srivastava Principal Chief Conservator of forest said that they were able to sedate the animal by providing sedation drug.
The herd destroyed hundreds of acres of paddy fields and houses in the area. The elephants have been spotted in 3-4 groups in the area.
India's first hospital for elephants has opened its doors, and organizers say not only will it treat animals that were abused during the course of their lives, but will be a learning centre.
Newly-elected deputy speaker of Assam assembly Kripanath Mallah fell from an elephant during a welcome procession in his constituency in Assam’s Karimganj.
An elephant was electrocuted to death in Pantnagar, Uttarakhand when it got in contact with the electric wire.
The diet consists of 5-6 kg of cooked rice, two kg green gram, 500g-one kg small onion, two kg horse gram, ground nuts, raggi, turmeric powder and palm jaggery.
The deceased elephant is said to be a tusker and one of its teeth broke to pieces during the accident. The elephant’s age is estimated to be 10 years.
A 20-year-old male elephant strayed into the Pannimadai Village of Thadagam in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore.
A full grown wild elephant died when it came in contact with high tension wire in Jharkhand's Dhalbhumgarh forest area near Jamshedpur.
Officials say hundreds of tourists were rescued with the help of elephants from a flooded jungle safari park in Nepal.
A Mexican zoo has its first baby elephant as part of a breeding programme to save the threatened species.