• Tag results for Neelakurinji

World's rarest flower Neelakurinji blooms in Kerala's Munnar

Blooming every 12 years, Neelakurinji attracted over 628,427 tourists to Munnar in 2017 - an increase of 34.31 percent as compared to 467,881 vacationers in 2016.

published on : 19th September 2018

Get, set, vroom... to the hills to see the beauty bloom

Following the flood, there were several cancellations of tourist bookings to Munnar to witness the flowering of the neelakurinji.

published on : 12th September 2018

Hope blooms with flowering of Neelakurinji

The bridge at Periyavarai connecting Munnar with Rajamala Marayur was damaged in the floods.

published on : 10th September 2018

Neelakurinji missing in Chikkamagaluru

However, the Kurinji has chosen its spot in parts of Kodagu district, which had unusual rainfall and landslides this year.

published on : 8th September 2018

After 12 yrs, Neelakurinji blooms in idyllic Munnar, but there are no tourists!

Though an exact figure of the overall loss incurred to Munnar is unavailable at this point, its nothing less than 750 crores, said experts.

published on : 2nd September 2018

Kerala Floods: People fight for existential dilemma in Idukki

Around 11 lakh people were affected by the flood in Idukki and 34,000 people sought shelter in the relief camps.

published on : 2nd September 2018

Anti-climax as Neelakurinji blooms in idyllic Munnar devoid of tourists

At long last, Neelakurinji (strobilanthes kunthiana) bloomed in Munnar after 12 years. However, none is there to enjoy its fascinating glamour.

published on : 28th August 2018

Kerala: Munnar inundated, isolated by floods

Munnar town gets flooded after the opening of Mattupetty dam’s shutters.

published on : 15th August 2018

Neelakurinji:‘Concerns must be addressed’

A couple of weeks ago, the district administration had convened a meeting of various stakeholders to arrange facilities for tourists.

published on : 4th August 2018

Neelakurinji blooms in Western Ghats after 12 long years; pack your bags now or wait till 2030

The blue blossoms can be widely found on the slopes of the Pambar Forest, a 30 minute trek from the Tamara Kodai through the dense rainbow forest.

published on : 3rd August 2018

Delay in Neelakurinji bloom leaves Kerala Tourism Department in gloom

Online booking had started a month ago anticipating Neelakurinji would blossom by mid-July. Now it is expected only by this month end. The mass blooming will take place a month after that.

published on : 3rd August 2018

Now, log on to microsite on Neelakurinji

The Kerala Tourism Department launched a microsite on the blossoming of Neelakurinji which happens once in 12 years at Munnar on the Western Ghats.

published on : 12th July 2018

Kerala Tourism, Munnar gets ready for Neelakurinji - the flower that blooms once every 12 years

The last time this marvellous spectacle occurred in 2006 and generally the time this phenomenal blooming begins towards mid July and ends in October.

published on : 11th July 2018

Neelakurinji season: Online booking begins

About 75 per cent of the total tickets are made available online and the remaining 25 per cent will be sold from counters set up at Marayoor Wildlife Complex and Old Munnar.

published on : 28th June 2018

Online campaign to allay tourists’ Nipah fears

The Nipah scare which rocked the state, also affected the pre-bookings for the Neelakurinji season, set to commence at Munnar within a few weeks.

published on : 21st June 2018
1 2 >