Paraquat, which is widely consumed for committing suicide, is more lethal than other pesticide or herbicide.
Preliminary investigation revealed that there was some property dispute between the man and his cousin, who had sent the cake, suspected to be poisoned.
These people were involved in spraying pesticides on crops and inadvertently inhaled them.
'Twelve kids took ill due to food poisoning out of which two have lost their lives. The children who died were between six months to two years old,' Mathura DM Sarvagya Ram Mishra said.
A doctor at the hospital said the infant was suffering from Septicemia due to mercury poisoning.
The recent order issued by the Tamil Nadu State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission here directed the hotel to pay Rs one lakh as "compensation for mental agony" suffered by the complainant.
A case was registered by Tenali rural police and an investigation into the issue was initiated.
According to the students, the hostel warden had colluded with the cooking staff B Peddintlamma and T Chinnari for diverting the rice meant for the hostel and were making money out of it.
After they asked Rs 1,000 to buy books Sunday evening, the accused, who was drunk, got enraged, beat them and force fed them pesticide.
80 Tribal Residential Welfare students fall sick after having contaminated breakfast in Andhra Pradesh
Rayachoti MLA Gadikota Srikanth Reddy called up the Tribal Welfare Department officials and enquired about the health condition of 80 students who fell sick after having breakfast in Rayachot school.
According to local sources, the students ate food, which was supplied by Akshya Patra under midday meal scheme on Wednesday and later they suffered from vomiting, loose motions and stomach pain.
According to police, some people from Chapka Kathartoli village cooked a goat which had died after consuming pesticide on Wednesday night.
All 33 of them have been admitted to Niloufer Hospital after they suffered from food poisoning and complained of vomiting and diarrhoea.
According to the village head, the villagers started feeling unwell after taking 'prasad' at a religious programme.
Around 21 policemen from Karnataka State Reserve Police (KSRP) fell sick after consuming food served by the KSRP canteen on Monday.