BEIJING: Fourteen students at a vocational college have fallen ill for suspected food poisoning in Hohhot, the capital of China's Inner Mongolia region.
Students at the Inner Mongolia Vocational College of Chemical Engineering reported symptoms of vomiting, diarrhoea and fever after eating food from the college canteen last Sunday.
At least 14 students received treatment at the International Mongolian Medicine Hospital. Six have been discharged, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
One student, who was sent to the hospital on Tuesday, said he suspected the "problems existed in the food and hot water at the college".
Many more students reported minor symptoms of vomiting, but were not severe enough to demand medical treatment.
Sources at the college said the regional disease prevention centre has collected samples of food and water from the college for testing.
The cause for the suspected poisoning will be further investigated.