India

Bihar to launch Naxal combing operations

Ajay Kumar

After Thursday’s Maoist attack on the Dhanbad-Patna Intercity Express in Jamui district, Bihar Police chief Abhayanand has directed the police officials of Jamui and other neighbouring districts to start extensive combing operations against Maoists.

The area has been a Naxal stronghold for some time and they have executed many an operation from time to time as this is a hilly region area, which is largely covered by forests. Minister of State for Home R P N Singh said the incident was very unfortunate and that contingents of paramilitary forces, including the Central Reserve Police Force and Border Security Force, had been rushed to the spot.

US close to Iran deal to end war, reopen Strait of Hormuz; Trump says 'no rush' on agreement

Massive outrage in J&K over alleged rape-murder of minor girl in Budgam; SIT formed to probe incident

'I love the Prime Minister Modi, he is my friend': Trump says in virtual address at Delhi event

Twisha Sharma cremated in Bhopal after second autopsy amid dowry harassment probe

India, US push for trade deal, energy cooperation as Jaishankar flags visa concerns

SCROLL FOR NEXT