A worker of Secunderabad Cantonment Board spraying disinfectant on a tree at Mahindra Hills in Hyderabad on Tuesday. (Photo | S Senbagapandiyan, EPS) 
India

Seven Italy-returned persons put under home isolation in Madhya Pradesh

None of them exhibited symptoms of the infection, but the step was taken as a precaution as Italy is the worst- affected country in Europe.

From our online archive

SEONI: Seven persons from three families have been isolated at home at Seoni in Madhya Pradesh for suspected exposure to the coronavirus following their return from Italy last month, an official said on Thursday.

None of them exhibited symptoms of the infection, but the step was taken as a precaution as Italy is the worst- affected country in Europe from the coronavirus, the official added.

The three families -- three couples and a child -- were placed under "home isolation" after the administration got information that they had recently returned from Italy, said District Vaccination Officer Dr H P Pateria.

They will have to stay in isolation under medical observation for 14 days, he added.

One of the persons placed under isolation told PTI over phone that they were screened at the Mumbai airport upon return, but as none of them showed any symptoms of the virus infection, they were allowed to go.

They returned to the city on February 28, he added.

Trump says a deal with Iran and opening of Strait of Hormuz are 'largely negotiated'

Fresh funding for MGNREGA throws up questions on parallel ops with GRam-G

Gunman killed by US Secret Service after opening fire near White House

Counting underway for Falta Assembly repoll in West Bengal

Two arrested for rape, murder of 10-year-old in Coimbatore; CM Vijay assures tough action

SCROLL FOR NEXT