Uttarakhand gets Rs 12,000 crore infra budget boost by Centre

The schemes are approved under external assistance plan in which Centre provides 90% of the help and state covers up the rest 10%. 

01 Nov 2019

Uttarakhand to form 50-km long human chain against plastic usage

Uttarakhand generates over 1400 metric tonnes of solid waste per day, most of which goes untreated. 

31 Oct 2019

Uttarakhand govt to implement new fine rates to check pollution

According to state transport department estimates, out of total 25 lakh vehicles in Uttarakhand, over 6.5 lakh have been cleared for pollution.

31 Oct 2019

BJP likely to field Prakash Pant's wife for Pithoragarh bypolls

The seat was vacated after the minister died due to cancer. The move is yet to be confirmed by the state leadership. 

30 Oct 2019

BJP has many human bombs who will inflict irreversible damage: Former Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat

Rawat was referring to state cabinet minister Harak Singh Rawat.

29 Oct 2019

Pithoragarh seat litmus test for Trivendra Government in Uttarakhand

The seat was vacated after state cabinet minister Prakash Pant's demise due to lung cancer earlier this year.

27 Oct 2019

CBI books former Uttarakhand CM Harish Rawat in horse-trading case

The case is the outcome of a CBI probe into a purported video recorded in 2016 when the state was under President's rule.

24 Oct 2019

Mussoorie street vendor attempts suicide, posts video on Facebook

Ankur Saini, who was one of the street vendors threw a shoe at municipal board chairman Anuj Gupta, during a public meeting.

23 Oct 2019

Dehradun diary

The service has garnered a bad reputation among customers and jokes about it have been doing rounds on various social media platforms. To and fro flight on the said route was booked till October 26.

23 Oct 2019

Uttarakhand to merge government colleges with less than 200 Students

The proposal will be brought into the state cabinet for approval once the data is collated by the state education department.

22 Oct 2019

Two police personnel, on Uttarakhand governor's security detail, die in accident

A Mahindra Bolero of the police was carrying eight personnel which descended into 500 feet deep gorge near Veerbhatti area at Nainital-Haldwani road.

22 Oct 2019

Tiger reserves violating NTCA rule

Instead of using entire tourism money on locals, Uttarakhand channeling funds to other areas

22 Oct 2019

Tiger reserves in Uttarakhand violating NTCA directives?

At present, CTR houses around 250 adult tigers while RTR is estimated to have 40 adult tigers. 
 

21 Oct 2019

Eight killed in landslide in Uttarakhand

Four bodies have so far been recovered from the debris and efforts are underway to pull out the fifth.

21 Oct 2019

Uttarakhand to frame laws for regulation, management of Char Dhams

At present, the shrines are managed under Shri Badrinath Kedarnath Temple Act 1939. The recommendation has been made to repeal the act.

19 Oct 2019