Toyota has launched new versions of both Fortuner and Innova in the Indian market for the year 2015. The new models will come equipped with standard dual front airbags for both driver and passenger seats. While the mechanism of both will mostly remain unchanged, the models promise extra bling. Fortuner gets new 4X4 variant while Innova MPV gets new base variant in the line-up along with subtle changes across its entire line-up. Innova from now on will be available in the price range of INR 10.51 lac to 15.80 lac while Fortuner's price lies between INR 24.17 lac and 26.49 lac (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Fortuner and Innova are among the most celebrated models of the Toyota family in India. The fact that Innova has completed an undisputed 10 years in India making itself a trendsetter in the automobile industry, Toyota Kirloskar Motors Pvt Ltd feels proud to own such vehicles, exclaimed Mr. N. Raja, Director and Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing. He also went ahead and thanked loyal customers for their support and continued patronage that has helped the company achieve such prestigious milestone.
Added features in the new Fortuner and Innova
The New Year sees Toyota making front air bags a standard feature among all its models in all grades, thus making the company the first manufacturer to do so in the mass segment. This has in -turn made the company a preferred go-for brand among new buyers. Toyota also completes the missing link by introducing a 4x4 drive train in its new Fortuner along with loads of premium features.
Both Innova and Fortuner get two new color options-Silver Metallic and Bronze Mica Metallic apart from existing ones.
- Standard dual front SRS airbags
- Automatic 4x4 drivetrain option which was previously available in only 4x2 mode
- On the exterior, Fortuner gets revamped smoked tail and head lamps along with silver bezel surrounding the fog lamp housing
- New paint of dark grey for its 17-inch alloy wheels
- Interiors get premium with all black color scheme enhanced with dark wood inserts
- A touch screen infotainment system with inbuilt dvd playback, sat-nav and voice recognition system
- New chrome mirrors with integrated blinkers
- Black carpet flooring
- Exclusively designed bumpers, black radiator grille and side body trims
- Standard dual front SRS airbags
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Dual tone dark grey alloy wheels
- Interiors get oak color with leather upholstery. The steering wheel is done with wooden finish for added class.
- On the exterior front, more bigger and wider stance than the previous model
- Larger swept back projector headlamps and daytime running LEDs
- Larger rear glass and wrap around tail lamps
Innova, without any doubt has been a forerunner among all the Toyota models creating its place among the list of favorite MPVs in Indian market. Despite MPVs like Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and now Honda Mobilio snatching its share of pie, Innova has created a niche in the Indian automobile industry with its space, comfort and utility factor.
On the other hand, Fortuner has been enjoying a steady loyal customer base which is expected to grow further, thanks to the new automatic 4x4 drivetrain option. Fortuner will take on its arch rival Ford Endeavour in the market which was also updated in 2014. With apt changes in Innova and Fortuner, the Indian consumers are going to face a tough call when it comes to choosing a vehicle which offers maximum premium factor along with world class performance.
The two vehicles from the house of Toyota Kirloskar Motors offer not only sturdy exteriors and stylish design, but also pack powerful engine options that have proven performance track record. Fortuner 4X4 will now be available in combo of 3.0L engine and automatic transmission while Innova will be powered by the same 2.5L 4-cylinder diesel engine. Both these cars are made looking at the new age preferences and lifestyle in mind which defines the buying decision of consumers.