STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Odisha to Put More Mines on the Block

The government had set a target of mining revenue collection at Rs 6,000 crore and could generate Rs 3,650 crore by the end of November.

Published: 29th December 2015 05:59 PM  |   Last Updated: 29th December 2015 06:01 PM   |  A+A-

By PTI

BHUBANESWAR: With the state government unlikely to meet the mining royalty collection target during the 2015-16 fiscal, Chief Secretary A P Padhi has asked the steel and mines department to prepare more mines for auction.

"The chief secretary has directed the steel and mines department to take steps for auction of more mines this year," Director of Mines Deepak Mohanty told reporters after a review meeting.

The government, which had set a target of mining revenue collection at Rs 6,000 crore during 2015-16, could generate Rs 3,650 crore by the end of November.

"It appears difficult to collect remaining Rs 2,350 crore in three months," an official said.

While only 60 per cent of the target has been achieved so far, the state may not collect the remaining 40 per cent in three months, the official said.

While taking stock of the mining revenue collection, the chief secretary asked the officials to complete the necessary survey works at the earliest and prepare at least four-fives iron ore mines for auction.

The state government had recently issued notification of one iron ore mine in Sundargarh district for auction.

The chief secretary stressed on collection of mines revenue and transparency in the sector. Padhi advised the officials to prepare an action plan for mines production and take stock of it at regular intervals.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp