BANGALORE: An accidental fire broke out at a biscuit godown in Attur Layout near Yalahanka in the wee hours of Sunday. Goods worth a few lakh were destroyed in the fire.
According to the Fire Department officials, the neighbours noticed heavy smoke in the ground floor of the three-storey building at around 11 am and informed the department immediately. Four fire tenders were pressed into service and the fire was completely doused after nearly a four-and-a-half hour operation. The fire has destroyed biscuit boxes, eatables and other goods.
“The building neither had fire-fighting equipment nor a no objection certificate from the department. Electric short circuit is suspected to have caused the fire. The details of the loss have to ascertained,” the officials added.Yalahanka police have registered a case and are further investigating.