BANGALORE: Accidental fire broke out at the Marketing Division of Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producer’s Federation Limited (KMF) in the wee hours of Saturday at KMF Complex on Dr M H Marigowda Road in the city.
Goods worth Rs 10 lakh were gutted in the fire. No casualties were reported. The fire officials said. The fire broke out at 4.10 am. But the fire department was alerted only at 5 am on Saturday.
One fire tender was rushed to the spot and fire was brought under control within half an hour. When Express contacted Dr M N Venkataram, MD, KMF, he said, “The fire was reported from the marketing section in the 1st floor. No important document was lost in the fire as all were segregated. The regional fire officer has confirmed that the fire was due to short circuit.”
Based on the complaint lodged by Sudhakar H N, Additional Director (Administration), KMF, the Audugodi police are investigating the case.