BANGALORE: Three 17-year-old youth who were lodged at Juvenile Observation Home in Madiwala tried to end their lives by consuming rat poison on Tuesday evening. The trio were shifted to Victoria Hospital for treatment and their condition is said to be out of danger.
The police said that the home’s staff noticed that the three had fallen sick after consuming rat poison. They informed the matter to the police and shifted them to hospital.
It is suspected that the boys had stolen the rat poison which was kept in the store room of the home. However, the reason for their suicide bid has to be investigated.
“One of them is involved in murder and robbery cases while the other two are involved in similar cases. The cases were registered in Chamarajapet, Girinagar, Basavanagudi, Shankanarapura, Kempe Gowda Nagar and Koramangala police stations,” the police explained.
Madiwala police have registered a case in this regard and are investigating.
Youth Electrocuted by Telephone
Due to alleged negligence of BSNL and Bescom officials, a BCom student was electrocuted after he received a call on a landline phone. The incident occurred at his residence in Doddakallasandra in Subramanyapura police station limits on Tuesday morning.
Manjunath (20), a student of Dayananda Sagar College is the deceased, the Subramanyanagar police said.
He was the son of Gopal who runs a printing press in Tyagarajanagar.
The police said that the house was located on the second floor of a building and Gopal had got a landline phone just two months ago. A high tension wire was running through the building and the telephone line had also passed by it.
On Tuesday morning, Manjunath was electrocuted when he tried to pick up the receiver to answer a call.
The Subramanyanagar police, who have registered a case in this regard, are investigating whether it was the fault of BSNL or Bescom officials.