BANGALORE: Accidental fire broke out at a shed of a motor garage and cushion material warehouse in front of Spar Hyper Market on Bannerghatta Road at around 7.15 pm on Monday. Goods worth a few lakh rupees were gutted in the fire.
According to Fire department officials, passersby noticed fire in the shed and informed them. The reason for the incident is yet to be ascertained.
In another incident, a private tourist bus was gutted in a fire mishap near Ullas Theatre in Yeshwantpur on Monday. The bus belonged to Nanjundeshwara Tours and Travels. Locals noticed heavy smoke inside the bus around 8.15 pm and informed them. It is suspected that electrical short circuit inside the bus could have caused the fire.
A skull was found in a ditch on Huskur-Chikkanagamangala Road in Parappana Agrahara on Saturday.
Police said that an on looker noticed the skull and informed the police. However, it is not known whether the skull is of a man or woman. For further examination, the skull has been sent to FSL.
Gold Chain Snatched
Two unidentified miscreants snatched a gold chain worth `85,000 from a woman in Chikkalasandra on Sunday. It is said that the victim Jayashri and her daughter were searching for their relative’s address at around 8.30 pm when two bike-borne miscreants approached them and snatched Jayashri’s chain and fled away.