BANGALORE: A Food Inspector working at BBMP North Zone office was electrocuted when he tried to remove a branch of a coconut tree at his house in H V R Layout in Kamakshipalya police station limits on Tuesday.
The deceased R Hanumaiah, 55, was a native of Chinnakurasi village near Kumbalagod on the outskirts of the city. He is survived by his wife Radhamma, son Ajit, a second PU student and daughter Monica.
Police said there was a coconut tree within the compound of Hanumaiah’s two-storyed residence. Around 6.30 am, he noticed a branch dangling from the tree and to prevent it from falling, he tried to remove it. Later, he went on the terrace and pulled the branch.
But the branch fell on an electric wire that had passed by and Hanumaiah was electrocuted.
Kamakshipalya police registered a case of unnatural death in this connection and are investigating.