A 19-year-old woman was killed in an explosion following an LPG gas leakage at her house in Hongasandra in Madiwala police station limits on Saturday.
The deceased has been identified as Radha, a native of Dharmapuri in Tamil Nadu. She was working at Sunshine Garments near Hongasandra. She was married to one Aiyappa, a cab driver.
According to the police, the incident took place around 9.30 am when she was preparing food. She was alone at home and tried to light the gas. It resulted in a huge explosion due to leakage of gas. She died on the spot due to severe injuries.
The impact of the explosion was such that the walls, roof and other household articles were damaged, the police said. The Madiwala police have registered a case in this connection.