STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

9-year-old electrocuted

Published: 16th September 2012 11:59 AM  |   Last Updated: 16th September 2012 11:59 AM   |  A+A-

 A 9-year-old boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with an electrical wire at Kempegowda Playground in Kurubarahalli in Basaveshwaranagar police station limits on Saturday evening. The deceased has been identified as Shakti Das, a son of mason Gunashekar.

The boy’s family hails from Tamil Nadu and he was residing with his family in a rented house in Kurubarahalli. Shakti was studying in class 4 at Ravi English School.

According to the police, the incident took place around 8.30 pm when he visited the playground, which is close to his house.

On Saturday, a job fair was held here by a former corporator and JD(S) leader Gopalaiah. After the fair, the organisers had allegedly left connected wires on the ground.

Meanwhile, Shakti did not notice the wires lying on the ground and was electrocuted. A passerby, who noticed the boy, immediately shifted him to a private hospital where the doctors declared he was brought dead, the police said.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp