Man Dies, Wife Hurt in LPG Cylinder Blast
A 30-year-old man died while his wife sustained severe injuries in a LPG cylinder explosion due to a leakage at their house at Sannakkibailu on Magadi Road in Kamakshipalya on Thursday morning. The couple, who hails from Magadi, was married seven months ago.
The deceased K Kantharaju and injured Jyothi were rushed to Victoria Hospital. Jyothi’s condition is said to be critical. Kantharaju was working with a private company and his wife works in a garment factory.
Police said that the incident occurred around 7.45 am when Kantharaju turned on the gas stove to prepare coffee as his wife was asleep. He placed water on the stove and turned on the cylinder, but when he realised that he had forgot to bring milk, he left the house to bring milk without turning off the cylinder. After returning, he lit the stove, which caused the explosion. The house was completely damaged due to the impact of the explosion.
Three Injured in Cylinder Blast
Three people were injured when over 11 cylinders stocked in a godown exploded. The incident took place late on Wednesday night at Haggaduru village near Whitefield. According to Whitefield police, who visited to the spot, at least three fire tenders battled the fire for over two hours before it was put out.
“The walls of neighbouring houses too were damaged in the blast and three people, who live in adjacent houses, but are yet to be identified, have been admitted to a nearby hospital,” police officials said.
No other casualties were reported from inside the godown.