STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

2 Electrocuted in Separate Cases

Two boys died of electrocution in separate incidents in the city on Saturday.

Published: 06th April 2014 09:53 AM  |   Last Updated: 06th April 2014 09:53 AM   |  A+A-

BESCOM-employees

Two boys died of electrocution in separate incidents in the city on Saturday.

An eight-year-old-boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live wire when he way trying to recover a cricket ball from the terrace of a government school at Dinnur in Kadugodi.

The deceased Bharath, a second standard student, was the son of Narasimha Murthy, a daily wager who is a resident of Seegehalli in Dinnur.

Police said the incident occurred around 8.45 am when Bharath was playing cricket with his friends. Police blamed the BESCOM staff for their negligence. Kadugodi police have registered a case against BESCOM employees and the school authorities.

In another incident, a-14-year-old boy was electrocuted when he tried to pluck a mango from a tree in Ulsoor.

The deceased Dinesh, was the son of Ramesh, a cab driver and a a resident of Victoria Layout. The boy was a student of 8th Standard at a private school in Viveknagar.

Police said the incident occurred around 8.15 am. He climbed the mango tree and came in contact with a live wire passing through the tree. A neighbour noticed him falling down and rushed him to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.

Ulsoor police are investigating

According to Dr Ajith Benedict Rayan, Vice President, HOSMAT Hospital, “Dinesh, who plucking mangoes around 9.30 am, touched a 250-volt live wire. This resulted in cardiogenic shock. By the time he was brought to HOSMAT around 9.45 am, there were no signs of life. A team of doctors tried their best to resuscitate the patient, but could not bring him back to life. The body was handed over to Ulsoor police for autopsy.”

Ramesh, the father of the victim, said, “I was away when the incident occurred. Dinesh, my younger son, was at home as the summer vacation is on. He had gone out to pluck mangoes in the morning when the incident occurred. The BESCOM officials came and chopped off the mango tree near our house following this incident.”

BESCOM Speaks

BESCOM officials said that CPRI and a third party has been tasked with probing the case and filing a report. “Since there were no major burn marks on the body, we suspect that boy might have fallen from the rooftop and died. However, a decision will be taken based on autopsy report which is expected in a day or two,” said an BESCOM official.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp