BANGALORE: In a freak incident, three workers were severely injured while two escaped unhurt after a textile dyeing boiler exploded. The incident took place on Anjaneya Street in Cubbonpet on Thursday.
Fire and emergency personnel rushed to the spot and took the injured workers Gurusiddappa, Somashekhar and Tushanth to a nearby hospital, where they are recovering. Fire officials said the incident took place when five workers were cleaning the boiler in the unit. A worker lit a boiler but forgot to put water in it. The boiler exploded due to overheating. The police said Jagannath had no valid licence to run the business. There was no safety valve in the boiler.Some weaving units and houses were also damaged. Police have registered a case of negligence.
Five Held for Attack on Munnoth
The Chandra Layout police arrested five people involved in attacking anti-cow slaughter activist Mahendra Munnoth. Police are on the lookout for four other accused. The arrested include Navid Khan (27), Dada Salwar Pasha (20), Sukhar Khureshi (19), Saleem Khan (26) and Yasin Khan (26), residents of Gangondanahalli, working in meat stalls. As a precautionary measure, the police have deployed additional forces in the area.