Man Dies in Custody, Kin Cry Foul

Published: 21st September 2014 06:04 AM  |   Last Updated: 21st September 2014 06:04 AM   |  A+A-

BANGALORE: A 55-year-old man, who was being interrogated by Sarjapur police in connection with a murder case, died on Saturday.

His family members alleged that he was being tortured by the police for the last four days and he died after he was severely grilled. 

The deceased Pillappa was a resident of Tindlu on Hosur Road.

The police said Pillappa was a suspect in the murder case of Harish (32).

“Harish was stabbed to death and his body was found packed in a gunny bag in the drainage at Sarjapur on September 15. Around 12.30 pm, Pillappa had come to the station with his elder brother Narayanaswamy for interrogation and he complained of chest pain. We arranged an ambulance and sent him to a government hospital where he was declared brought dead due to cardiac arrest,” the police added.

Love Affair Behind Murder?

It is said that Harish was in love with Pillappa’s daughter. Pillappa, who learnt about this, had allegedly given supari to some assailants to kill him.

They had thrown his body into the drain after killing him. The police said they are tracing the accused.


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp