Bengaluru: The Congress’s prospects in the upcoming BBMP elections were discussed at a KPCC meeting on Friday. Party sources said that it was decided to field strong candidates and make all efforts to ensure the victory for the party.
- The meeting also framed certain criteria for distribution of the party ticket:
- No party ticket to those who had worked against the party candidates previous polls.
- No ticket to those facing serious criminal charges.
- Must have at least three years of service in the party.
- Party members from all sections of the society must be given tickets.
- Those who are popular among people or in a locality should be considered.
- General category candidates should only be fielded in those wards which are not reserved for any other categories.