BENGALURU: The health benefits of Norwegian salmon are quite unparalleled.
This rich oily fish with its distinct pink-orange colour is high on flavour as well as goodness. With its high protein, omega-3 fatty acids and high vitamin D content, salmon especially the wild variety is perfect for those on a diet, people following a dedicated fitness regime as well as foodies. A grilled Norwegian salmon fillet is the easiest thing to cook as well as the tastiest health food you might eat.
Grilled Salmon with Balsamic marinade Ingredients
- Salmon - 150 gms (cut into 2 individual fillet portions)
- For the marinade
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Sea salt - to taste
- Fresh pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Fresh dill - A few sprigs]
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 1 tsp
- Place the salmon in a heat-proof glass bowl.
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade and pour over the salmon.
- Let the marinated fish sit for 30 mins.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 180 degree centigrade for about ten minutes or till done. To check donenness, prick the edge with a fork to see if the fish flakes off.
- Alternatively you can grill the fish in a pan or over a grill after basting it with some more olive oil. Let the fish cook skin side down so that it is crisp and pink.
Note: Remember to use Traditional Balsamic Vinegar made from grapes rather than the artificially flavoured version.