Niranjan’s brother demands more time to reconstruct house

Shashank said this was a national heroe\'s house and so the government should give them more time to rebuild the house.

Published: 12th August 2016 10:40 AM  |   Last Updated: 12th August 2016 10:40 AM   |  A+A-

By ANI

BANGALORE: On the order demolishing of a portion of the house of NSG commando Niranjan Kumar, who was killed during the Pathankot terror attack in January, for encroachment on storm water drains in the city, his brother Shashank said this was a national heroe's house and so the government should give them more time to rebuild the house and not demolish it.

“This is a national hero’s house and he has sacrificed for the nation . He has sacrificed dying for the country during a terror attack. He was one of the top NSGs. He was a leader of bomb squad. He disposed nearly 3000 cases of bombs. He has been trained in FPI. He was a one respectful man and one brave soldier. So …we just can’t think him as a public he is a martyr ……and nation should think about this and support us,” Shashank told ANI.

He said, “We were requesting from day one that the time is one precious thing which would help us to reconstruct the house and if that is the solution what they have given then we are happy with it.”

He said his family does not need a new house to be allotted to them, adding that they just need some more time.

The ongoing demolition drive by the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) for encroachment on storm water drains in the city also marked Niranjan’s house under its demolition list.

BBMP has also marked many other buildings for demolition in Vidyaranyapura.

It had identified and marked properties at Yelahanka, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bommanahalli, Mahadevapura and Yeshwantpur.

The residents of these areas have strongly criticised the BBMP officials for asking them to make alternative arrangements.

Karnataka’s Home Minister G. Parameshwara on Thursday said if the house built by the family of Pathankot terror attack hero Niranjan Kumar is illegal, it has to be demolished.

He further said that the family of the late NSG Commando can be provided with alternate accommodation, or the government can help them construct a new house.

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah had earlier ordered action against 20 government officials for their involvement in encroachment of storm water drains in the city.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)

Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp