BENGALURU: A major fire broke out on the top floor of Biocon’s Research and Development Campus in Bommasandra Industrial Area on Monday night.
According to fire officials, the fire broke out around 7.45pm in Syngene International Pvt Limited, a subsidiary of Biocon group. Fire forces, who were alerted, rushed to the spot. No casualties were reported.
Fire officials suspect a short circuit caused the fire on the third floor of the building, which then spread to other places. The stench of burning chemicals spread across the vicinity and residents near the spot were seen panicking.
Biocon group, in an official release stated, “This is to inform that there has been an incident of fire at the Syngene Campus, Jigni Link Road, which has been brought under control with the assistance of local authorities. Preliminary reports indicate that no one was injured in the incident and there has been no loss of life. Syngene has taken all necessary measures to ensure the safety of its employees.”
The Hebbagodi police sub-inspector allegedly prevented media persons from recording the visuals and snatched away their cameras. The operations to douse the fire continued when paper went to press.