BENGALURU: Infosys Science Foundation (ISF) has announced the winners of the Infosys Prize 2016 on Friday. The prize recognizes researchers and scientists in the categories of engineering and computer science, humanities, life sciences, mathematical sciences, physical sciences and social sciences.
The prize for each category consists of a purse of `65 lakh, a 22 karat gold medallion and a citation. The winners were shortlisted from over 250 nominations by a jury comprising of renowned scientists and professors.
- Prof V Kumaran from the Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) -- Engineering and computer science
- Prof Sunil Amrith from Harvard University, US -- Humanities
- Dr Gagandeep Kang from Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad -- Life sciences
- Prof Akshay Venkatesh from Stanford University, US -- Mathematics
- Dr Anil Bhardwaj from Space Physics Laboratory, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram -- Physical Sciences
- Prof Kaivan Munshi from University of Cambridge, UK -- Social sciences