BENGALURU: All the roads in Bengaluru city limits will get white-topping soon and over Rs 1,000 crore has been released for it. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced it at the foundation laying ceremony of various development works in Shankara Mutt ward of Mahalakshmi layout Assembly constituency on Tuesday. He said that concretisation will ensure world class roads in the city.
On Indira Canteens, Siddaramaiah said that they have already started 101 canteens and another 50 will be launched on October 2. All the wards will have Indira Canteen by November 1, he added.
“We are also committed to start Indira Canteens on government hospital premises, including KC General Hospital, Bowring, Victoria, Jayadeva and Leprosy Hospitals, where mostly poor come for treatment,’’ he said. The Chief Minister also announced 10,000 litres of free water to people residing in slums as well as Harijan colonies.
Taking a dig at previous BJP government, he said that no works related to storm water drains were taken up by them, which resulted in flooding. “We have spent more than R1,000 crore so far on restructuring storm water drains. By next year, there will not be any problem of flooding,’’ he assured.
PROJECTS IN PIPELINE
- Storm water drain works: R2.45 crore
- Indoor stadium: R5 crore
- Tensile roof inside playground: R1 crore
- Development of Kempegowda park: R1 crore
- BengalureOne centre: R50 lakh
- Construction of shelter at Pipeline park: R35 lakh
- Housing scheme for SC/ST beneficiaries: R 4 lakh per family
- Rest room for pourakarmikas: R48 lakh
- Badminton court: R37 lakh
- Drinking water units in different areas: R20 lakh