Transformer blast leaves girl injured

An 11-year-old girl sustained burn injuries after an electric transformer near her house exploded.

Published: 30th April 2018 03:34 AM  |   Last Updated: 30th April 2018 03:34 AM   |  A+A-

By Express News Service

BENGALURU:An 11-year-old girl sustained burn injuries after an electric transformer near her house exploded. The incident was reported in Mahaganapati Nagar in Basaveshwara Nagar police station limits on Saturday night. The injured has been identified as Rekha, daughter of Indraraju and Chandrakala. She is undergoing treatment at Victoria Hospital and is said to be out of danger.

Police said the incident occurred around 9.30 pm. Rekha had asked her father to bring some snacks. She went to the balcony and waited for her father. Meanwhile, the transformer, located very close to the house, exploded and the high-tension wires that had passed by Rekha’s house also caught fire. Due to the impact, she sustained burn injuries in her face, abdomen and legs.

Stay up to date on all the latest Bengaluru news with The New Indian Express App. Download now
(Get the news that matters from New Indian Express on WhatsApp. Click this link and hit 'Click to Subscribe'. Follow the instructions after that.)


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp