STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Two Men Enter Well, Die of Asphyxiation

Published: 01st June 2014 08:47 AM  |   Last Updated: 01st June 2014 08:47 AM   |  A+A-

CHENNAI: In the second such incident in the last three days, two men who were cleaning a well died after inhaling poisonous gases.

Police said the incident happened around 10.30 am at Kamatchi Colony in Tambaram Sanatorium area.

Bala Yogi (34), who was also one of the two victims, had engaged Murugan (38), a resident of Chrompet, to clean the well that was located in a room in his house. “The house was built by covering the well with concrete slabs and a two-foot-long gap was left to draw water with a bucket. But since it was kept closed, poisonous gases had formed inside the well, leading to the deaths,” said a fireman involved in the rescue operations.

Murugan had entered the well first and after getting into it, he started shouting for help. Bala Yogi entered it to check. But, both of them got suffocated by the poisonous gases and died.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp