CHENNAI: A two-year-old boy who suffered hot oil burns at his home on Sunday, succumbed at the Government Kilpauk Medical College Hospital (KMCH) on Tuesday. Police said Nitish Kumar, son of Senthil Kumar, a resident of Vanagaram, suffered injuries in his neck and thigh after he accidentally knocked down the frying pan in which his mother Kalpana was making vadas and drenched himself in boiling oil. While Senthil had gone for work that day, Kalpana was taking care of relatives. She had lowered the cooking stove to the floor after there was a power outage. As Kalpana turned to wash her hands, the two-year-old, who was crawling around in the kitchen, toppled the frying pan, pouring hot oil all over his body. Nitish suffered severe burns in the neck and thighs and was rushed to the hopsital. The boy was initially admitted to a private hospital in Porur and subsequently moved to Kilpauk Medical College Hospital. With 40 per cent burns, he was treated in the intensive care unit. On Tuesday, Nitish succumbed to burns not responding to treatment.