CHENNAI: Four workers were injured, at least one of them critically, in a fire that broke out due to a cooking gas leak in a kitchen run by a popular textile shop in Chennai's shopping hub, T Nagar.
Police sources said the kitchen, located at Natesan Street in T Nagar, makes food for the shop's employees. At around 9.45 am today, a leak in the pipe connected to an LPG cylinder caught fire. The cylinder fell on the ground and four migrant workers were caught in the resulting blaze.
Firemne contained the blaze and managed to prevent it from spreading to other buildings in the busy street.
The injured workers are being treated at the Kilpauk Medical College Hospital. One of them is said to be in a critical condition.