Expert Explans

A property of mine at Arakkonam, for which I am the power holder, has been cancelled without any notice.

Published: 17th September 2018 10:33 PM  |   Last Updated: 18th September 2018 03:52 AM   |  A+A-

Express News Service

CHENNAI : A property of mine at Arakkonam, for which I am the power holder, has been cancelled without any notice. What action should be taken to get the property back or get a compensation? — Ansari
The power of attorney can be cancelled by the principal at any time.  If the power is coupled with consideration, then you may demand the return of the amount paid towards consideration. If any loss has occurred, you can file a suit for compensation. 

We live in a poramboke land since 1990, and have been paying all the taxes. A layout of around 60 plots were approved and sold near our land. There are no proper roads and they now claim our land for making roads. The officials repeatedly force us to remove the fence for them to make roads even though there is land patta. We may lose our front yard. Can I file a legal suit? — Durai RajYou have no vested right to hold on to the poramboke land. The government can reclaim the encroached land.

My father purchased a plot and constructed a house on it. After his demise, my mother executed a settlement deed and my two sisters executed a release deed of the property in my name. It is duly registered with the registration department.  Do my mother and sisters have any right to stake a claim on the property again? — S KumarSince all the stakeholders have given up their right through registered deeds, they have no right to stake any claim in the property given to you. 

How long after appointment of a Reader in University, can one be kept in abeyance after the person selected is stayed from joining/leaving his earlier job, without a written notice. The concerned incumbent’s spouse is a BE, MBA and is a Senior Central 0fficer holding control of over a 1,000 staff.  

— Anonymous
A person who is not joining the post for which he is selected within a reasonable time or within the time prescribed, then the selection can be cancelled.  If there is any undue delay in joining, any person who is aspiring for the post or who was not selected can seek for a declaration of vacancy and fresh advertisement for the said post.

Stay up to date on all the latest Chennai news with The New Indian Express App. Download now


Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp