STOCK MARKET BSE NSE

Narrow escape for patient, ambulance staff as oxygen cylinder explodes inside Chengalpattu GH

A Covid patient and two medical staff had a narrow escape after an 108 ambulance caught fire minutes after they alighted inside the Chengalpattu Government Hospital premises on Sunday.

Published: 07th September 2020 03:48 AM  |   Last Updated: 07th September 2020 03:48 AM   |  A+A-

Blast, Explosion

For representational purposes

By Express News Service

CHENNAI: A Covid patient and two medical staff had a narrow escape after an 108 ambulance caught fire minutes after they alighted inside the Chengalpattu Government Hospital premises on Sunday.

The incident took place around 9.30 am when the ambulance driver picked up the woman from the Covid ward to take her to an X-ray room in another building. Minutes after paramedical staff Ambika, driver Selvakumar and the patient went inside the building, there was a blast in the vehicle.

Fire and rescue personnel from Chengalpattu rushed the spot and put out the fire, but the vehicle was charred. Preliminary inquiry revealed that the oxygen cylinder had burst. There are more than 30 ambulances in Chengalpattu GH. 

Health Secretary J Radhakrishnan said, “An inquiry has been ordered and all ambulances will be scrutinised with respect to safety aspects.”

Mobile snatcher nabbed   in Chintradripet

Chennai: A 28-year-old man was caught after he tried to snatched a mobile phone from a woman in Chintradripet. He was  secured by a special sub-inspector of the Triplicane traffic wing on Saturday night. The victim P Sathya (20) was waiting at the bus stop near Tarapore Towers, when S Syed Yasin (28) snatched her phone and tried to flee. Upon hearing her cries, Traffic SSI Ramesh chased and nabbed him. Syed has about 10 cases pending against him. 

2-year-old child dies as TV set falls on her

Chennai: A two-year-old girl died after a television set fell on her while she was asleep at her home in Nammazhvarpet on Saturday. The deceased Nazia Fathima was the daughter of Madhar Moideen and Reshma. Nazia was sleeping near a two-ft table, upon which the TV set was placed. Her mother said, “ A cat jumped on the TV from the top of an adjacent cupboard and it fell on her face.” She was rushed to Kilpauk Medical College Hospital, where she declared brought dead.



Comments

Disclaimer : We respect your thoughts and views! But we need to be judicious while moderating your comments. All the comments will be moderated by the newindianexpress.com editorial. Abstain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks. Try to avoid outside hyperlinks inside the comment. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines.

The views expressed in comments published on newindianexpress.com are those of the comment writers alone. They do not represent the views or opinions of newindianexpress.com or its staff, nor do they represent the views or opinions of The New Indian Express Group, or any entity of, or affiliated with, The New Indian Express Group. newindianexpress.com reserves the right to take any or all comments down at any time.

IPL_2020
flipboard facebook twitter whatsapp