The Delhi Congress launched a fresh attack on the Aam Aadmi Party and the BJP on Saturday over the office-of-profit controversy.
If President Ram Nath Kovind approves the poll panel’s recommendation, bypolls will have to be held in the 20 constituencies represented by the AAP legislators in six months.
He had also sought an intervention when JNUSU leader Kanhaiya Kumar had approached the Supreme Court for bail.
Addressing media, senior AAP leader Gopal Rai also said that the party will launch a campaign against BJP's decisions to allow FDI in retail and the sealing drive in New Delhi.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader also said that he has also been removed from various WhatsApp groups of the party.
In a major blow to the AAP in Delhi, the Election Commission on Friday recommended disqualification of 20 of its MLAs for holding an office of profit as Parliamentary Secretaries.
Mishra's comment comes hours after the Election Commission of India recommended disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs in the ‘office of profit’ matter.
The ECI has recommended to the President the disqualification of 20 legislators who were appointed as parliamentary secretaries by the Arvind Kejriwal government in Delhi.
Noting that the EC's order defied the "principles of natural justice", AAP's Delhi unit's chief spokesperson Saurabh Bharadwaj said the poll panel did not hear the MLAs' case.
The pleas by seven MLAs was mentioned before a bench headed by Acting Chief Justice Gita Mittal for urgent hearing, which was listed for today itself.
Congress, BJP demand Kejriwal's resignation after Election Commission recommends disqualification of AAP MLAs
The AAP legislators were accused of being unconstitutionally appointed as parliamentary secretaries to assist various Ministers of the Delhi government.
In its opinion sent to President Ram Nath Kovind, the Election Commission said by being parliamentary secretaries, the legislators held the office of profit and were liable to be disqualified.
The AAP MLAs rushed to the well of the House as soon as the proceedings began, demanding a discussion on the ongoing drive against properties that allegedly violate municipal norms.
The central probe agency, on December 1 last year, had conducted similar searches on the premises of a relative of Karti and others in this case.