HYDERABAD: A house wife and her two kids had a narrow escape in a fire mishap that broke out at a newly constructed apartment at Kacheguda here on Saturday. Few locals with the assistance of fire service officials rescued them safely when they were stuck inside the house caught in flames.
Fire officials said the furniture stored at the second floor of the 3-storeyed apartment caused the fire to spread quickly. “Yesterday at 6.10pm, fire officials rushed to the spot after info from locals. Three fire tenders from Musheerabad, Gowliguda and Malakpet were pressed into service,” said in-charge district fire officer Khaja Karimuddin.
He told renovation work done with electrical equipments at second floor caused the fire which engulfed the whole apartment. “Amidst the fire, a woman and her kids got stuck who later were rescued,” he added.